Tagatose is a rare sugar that’s 90% as sweet as sugar but with 60% fewer calories. It tastes closer to sugar than other alternatives and also offers a number of other advantages, including a low glycemic index of 3 and prebiotic effects.1 Plus, it offers texture and mouthfeel similar to sugar.
- Tagatose performs well across a variety of categories, including confectionery, frozen desserts, beverages, dried fruit, dairy, baked goods, condiments, ready-to-eat cereal and protein bars.
• 90% as sweet as sucrose with 60% fewer calories
• Non-GMO ingredient
• Suitable for vegan diets
• Has bulking properties that create similar texture, volume, and mouthfeel as sucrose
• Promotes a browning effect in baking applications
• Works well in synergy with other sweeteners
• Has a low glycemic index of 31
• Has prebiotic effects1
• Does not promote tooth decay2
• Does not raise blood glucose levels when consumed on its own3
|Unit||Brand||Packing Type||Sap||Case Pack||Net Weight||Gross weight||Pallet||Tihi||Case Dimension||Unit Cube|